Monday, 17 July 2017
upgradation under GST
ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
Ref. No. 44/AIB/U/17 Dt. 17.07.17
Sh. Balesh Kumar,
ADG, HRD, HRM-I,
CBIC, New Delhi.
Sub: Upgradation of posts & scales like state governments under GST.
It is submitted with due regards that the state governments have not only upgraded the various posts under GST but also granted higher pay scales to benefit and motivate their employees for perfect and efficient implementation of GST.
2. The copies of the relevant documents in r/o the states of Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh are enclosed herewith for ready reference. No need to say that the states are taking every step to motivate their employees in r/o career prospects and pay matters for the perfect implementation of GST whereas the same is very terribly missing in our CBIC. All kudos to the state governments for the steps taken to motivate the employees and generate feeling of healthy competition among them in r/o GST. It is really unfortunate, de-motivating and demoralizing that no such steps have ever been taken by CBEC/CBIC despite of the actual work force of Superintendents and Inspectors being totally disappointed, de-motivated, demoralised and job-dissatisfied for decades in r/o the career prospects and pay matters as compared to their counterparts. No need to say that these poor officers are far behind their counterparts of state governments as well as central government in the above matters. Such matters, having an endless list, are being regularly communicated to the CBEC/CBIC but without any remedy.
3. The post of CTO (equivalent to Superintendent or even lower) has not only been placed under a pay scale with Pay Band of Rs. 15,600-39,100/- (PB3) and with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- equivalent to Level-10 in Central Government but it has also been upgraded to the post of Asstt. Commissioner and Inspector or even lower level post has been upgraded to CTO by the state governments. Thus, Asstt. CTO has been upgraded to CTO, CTO to Asstt. Commissioner, Asstt. Commissioner to Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner to Joint Commissioner and so on in the state governments. Accordingly, CTO has been placed in a pay scale and status of IRS entry level in the states.
4. In view of the above, it is requested that the same steps may also kindly be taken to upgrade the posts in CBEC/CBIC from the lowest to the highest level to motivate and create the feeling of job-satisfaction among the employees of CBIC for perfect implementation of GST, if not better than the GST counterparts in state governments.
Encl: As above.
Copy with the request for necessary action to:
1) The JS (Admn), CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
2) The DG, HRD, CBEC, New Delhi.
3) The Member (GST), CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
4) The Member (Admn), CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
5) The Chairperson, CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
6) The Revenue Secretary, North Block, New Delhi.